Yesterday we left Budapest and our ship and flew to Amsterdam. I was surprised at the amount of food and drink that was given to us for just a two hour flight (a sandwich, two cookies and two drinks). They even managed to round up some fruit for Michael, since he couldn't eat the meal. By the time we got to our airport hotel it was late afternoon, so there was only the evening left to get dinner and do something here. We took the train into town and had some good Indian food, and then caught a one hour sightseeing cruise along the canal (no, we aren't tired of being on a boat!) We passed by the Anne Frank house but didn't get much of a look at it, nor time to take a photo, so after the cruise we walked back to see it. By this time it was after 9 pm, and there was still a long line up to get in. I had heard that this attraction needed to be booked well in advance, and since we didn't know if we'd even be able to get to it, we weren't able to do that.
July 21/15
We are now at the airport waiting for our flight to Frankfurt, and then on to Calgary. It seems odd to be travelling east again before going west, but that's the way it's done. I didn't much care for the Frankfurt airport last time, but we won't be there too long. We get home around 3 pm Calgary time, but it will feel like 11 pm to us, so it's going to be a long day.
We didn't have much time to keep up with news at home, so I hope all is well with everyone. It's been a great trip, but I'm looking forward to being home again.

No comments:
Post a Comment