Both flights (to Vancouver and to Beijing) were delayed but were uneventful. The one from Vancouver to Beijing was 11 hours long, and we arrived late in the afternoon of the next day, as there's a 14 hour time difference. I can't say enough about the comfort of having bulkhead seats, which we ordered because of me wearing an air cast. (I broke my foot March 12th, but it still wasn't healed completely before the trip started.) Our first night was dinner on our own in a hotel, as all the people would be arriving at different times. The table service included bowing, placing napkins on our laps, wiping crumbs off the table, and in general being very attentive to our needs. Michael slept better than I did, but he hardly slept at all on the plane. Luckily I didn't have a difficult adjustment with my blood sugars. After sleeping I just set the insulin pump 14 hours ahead, and had very little trouble.
No comments:
Post a Comment