Today was a very exciting day, as I purchased a wooden head joint for my flute from another music camp participant! This will hopefully give my playing a softer tone that will sound a bit more Irish. The head joint needs to be trimmed down a bit, but I spoke to a flute maker, a teacher and a repair person here that have all told me that it will be a simple process to make it fit properly.
We both took some of the same classes today, but I tried the song class and Michael went to the harp class. Even though he didn't have a harp to play, he still picked up some playing tips. Michael sang a song at the teacher's request and did a good job, although I could tell that he was very nervous.
Tonight we skipped dinner at the hall because there's a restaurant here that's considered to be one of the top three in the province. Indeed the food was very good, but we've had others that were just as tasty and not as expensive.
After dinner was the talent show. Many people didn't participate (including us) but those that did put on a good show. For those of you who know the group Celtara from Edmonton, two of it's members are here, and they were part of it. Some of the teachers put on a funny skit, pretending that they were very bad players, but hoped that the camp would accept them anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment