Friday, July 27, 2012

July 27/12

Today I got to the vocal warm-up time during coffee break, and because the teacher didn't have anything on for a half hour after that, I got a semi-private lesson! Believe it or not, he says that my voice has the colour of a soprano, and he had me sing higher than I have in a long time, if ever. Although I told him that I'm more comfortable in the alto range, he says that I just need to develop the higher register, and gave me an exercise to do that.

The other new class I tried today was tone technique, and got some help with that. Don't know if I can do what she suggested though. Michael finished up his week with more of David's fiddle classes, the song class and Barry Phillip's composition class. He said that they wrote a piece in an unusual time signature.

I went back for one more flute and klezmer class, and got to play with Barry Phillips and the cello student one last time. I even recorded it, as the tunes were so lovely, and it will be a wonderful memory of this time.

Tonight there's a big ceilidh, so I'm glad the weather's a bit cooler today, but we'll probably get hot and sweaty anyway. Tomorrow we are off until the final evening concert, so we'll have time to check out Hirtle Beach (Natalie's favorite), take a hike there, and go to Mahone Bay. Ann, the friend who is renting to us, is having us for dinner and then we're all going to the concert. Sunday we drive to Halifax for our evening flight, and we should have time to go to an open session there in the afternoon. We may not have Internet for these last two days, so I look forward to seeing or talking to you from Calgary!



No comments:

Post a Comment