Sunday, July 14, 2013

July 14/13

Yesterday started out with the London Eye - a huge Ferris wheel that gives you some great views of the city. Next was a short train trip to Kew Gardens. Although we only saw about half of the gardens, most of the neat plants were in glass conservatories. We were in the building that the picture on our downstairs wall was drawn from, so that was very exciting. Ever since I first saw that picture I said to Michael that I hoped someday we could go there. We left for an early dinner as we were tired and hot, but more importantly we had to be back there for the Bellowhead concert. This was an outdoor venue, so we were very lucky that it didn't rain. The group consists of eleven members - mostly fiddles and wind instruments, and their music was very lively and fun! It was neat to see all ages there, dancing and jumping up and down to the music. Too bad that they don't come to Canada, but given the size of the group it would be prohibitive.



No comments:

Post a Comment