Tuesday, July 16, 2013

July 16/13

Had an unfortunate fall as we were packing to leave London. Tripped on the edge of the fireplace mantle, lost my balance and landed on the side of my left hand. Don't think any real damage was done but the hand is sore and bruised from mid hand to the left side, from the ends of my fingers to my wrist, and on the palm as well, I could hardly get my watch off, and have to be so careful not to bang into anything, but I'm managing. Luckily I'm right-handed!
Took the train to Slough where we got our rental car and drove to Windsor Castle. The castle and yards are quite large and the rooms are amazing! The queen was there - wonder why she didn't come out and greet us?! She thinks of Windsor as her home and Buckingham as her office. Her horses are at Windsor and she rides every day, although Phillip had to give it up. Outside the castle it's built up with a mall and shops, which surprised me, as I had thought that Windsor would be more secluded.
Our B&B is near Salisbury in a town of 314 people. Lovely thatched roof cottages line the quiet streets. It's a restful place to be after the hustle of London.



No comments:

Post a Comment